Magnetic Cabinet Calender – November!

I am so excited to share my November Kitchen Cabinet Calendar – I have a bit of a crush on my cute little turkey fellows!!

I changed up my medium this month.  Prior months I used paper that I made into stickers with my Xyron machine but Ellie, my 3 year old, found them to be too appealing and wound up trying to disassemble the calendar.  They also left a heck of a residue on the wall so I started thinking about what I could use instead and settled on vinyl.  It is super thin which makes it much more difficult for little fingers to remove and I happen to have a nice little stash of vinyl to play with!

I used my Cricut Expression, my brand new Gypsy (my new favorite thing) and several different cartridges:
Pilgrim Hats – Designer Calendar
Thanksgiving Day marker – Designer Calendar
Date Numbers – Sesame Street Friends (I have tons of numbers between all my cartridges but these are the most simple ones I have found)

Dapper Turkeys – Create a Critter

The Gobbles – Create a Critter

I Voted circle for Election Day on November 2 – Designer Calendar
November – Designer Calendar
Turkey Day Marker Magnet – Designer Calendar  (you can see it on November 1)

Hope you like it – I am really happy with how it turned out and Ellie was really excited when she saw it this morning which thrilled me to no end!  I am already working on December and have some fun ideas for it so watch for that in the beginning of December!
_________________________
UndertheTableandDreaming Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend  wrap    up           party!Photobucket The DIY Show OffFantabulous CricutMaking

Comments

1. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny says:

I love this! It's too cute! And those little turkeys are so adorable… love their little hats!

2. Jean says:

This is a great project. Thanks for playing along at FCCB.

3. Jennifer aka Scrappin' Aggie says:

WOW! What a neat idea – a great learning tool for your 3 year old and a cute calendar all in one! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB :O)

4. Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming says:

Hi Emilie, This is adorable! I love the magnet idea! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! I'll be featuring this today – stop by and grab a feature button if you like. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

5. Emilie says:

Thanks Ladies! I am so glad you all liked it – as I said, I am already planning December!

6. Shelly Hectic says:

What a great idea, I always wanted to be a teacher just so I could make creative calendars, I can just do this at home!

7. Luv Scrapping Together says:

Awesome idea! I have never used vinyl and really need to give it a try. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

8. BrendaB says:

I love your idea of making a calendar on your cabinet – how creative! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

9. Val says:

This is such a cool idea, it looks darling!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week:)

10. Leinad says:

This is such a great project!!! I love your cuts, your use of vinyl (I need to use that more often, I forget how versatile it is!) and your turkeys are adorable! I might have to look into that Designer's Calendar cartridge – I may have some use for it after all! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB and rocking the challenge!

11. Andrea says:

That is SO cool! I have never seen anything like this before. Love it! Thanks for joining us at FCCB.

12. Angji says:

Totally cute and practical at the same time! Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!